Friday, February 9, 2007

A Blank Mind

This blank screen accurately reflects my mind.

There is nothing in it.

Oh, well. This is not a first. It happens. Oftener than I like.

So If I can’t think of anything to say, I’ll try singing a song someone else thought of.

Morning has broken
Like the first morning.
Blackbird has spoken
Like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the word.

Sweet the rain’s new fall
On the wet garden
Like the first dew fall
On the first grass
Praise for the sweetness
Of the fresh garden
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass

Mine is the singing
Mine is the morning
Born of the One light
Eden say play
Praise with elation
Praise every morning
God’s recreation of the new day.

OK. That’s a little better. It’s not MY thought, but it’s a thought I can borrow.

And as another song says, It’s not about me. It’s all about You, Jesus.

I know God is not surprised at my numb state. That second song also says something about the fact that He looks much deeper within, past the way things appear. You’re looking deep in my heart.

If you know that song and I’ve not said it properly, I’m sorry. It’s the best I can do right now.

Probably God doesn’t mind. He has looked deep in my heart before and somehow, He hasn’t rejected me for what He has found there.

And I’m at least trying to sing my way into His presence. Which is silly, because He is always here.

Ah, but I’m not always here with Him.

So I’ll bring You, Lord, someone else’s song and my blank mind. As I said, it’s the best I can do right now.

1 comment:

Pat said...

You've described so beautifully my blank mind which has happened many times. Thank for for music and songs that we can sing in our spirit to HIm.