Friday, May 18, 2007

Eternal Now

RANDOM THOUGHTS

I find I can pray for the world and all the people on it and all the things that are happening everywhere, but I cannot do much with specificity.

And I cannot watch the news on television. It overwhelms me and words refuse to be said. They just won’t come out. Why do they show the same pictures over and over? Why, if no one has been shot in my city, do they run film clips of a shooting in a city far away? Do they WANT to make us grow as numb as they are to pain and suffering, able to speak of a kidnapped child one minute and then laugh about the weather report the next?

I can think of tomorrow and next week and next month and list the things I have to do on my calendar. But I can’t think ABOUT them much, just that they are there to be done when I get to them.

Someone said that today is a knife edge gliding from the past into the future. It’s the knife edge we live on. It’s what NOW is.

God’s name is I Am. Now. Always and eternal Now.

As He was in the beginning, He is now and He ever will be.

As I was, I no longer am, now will I be. And that’s okay. He knows. I trust. Most of the time. It feels better when I do. It feels like rest.

No comments: